Monday, November 15, 2010

'Point to the Wind'

I've got a potential customer interested in a Rooster pattern weather vane. I often work from historic patterns, and thought I would share some of my favourite designs from the exhibit 'Pointing at the Wind'. I had seen the exhibit at the Canadian Museum of Civilization in Ottawa quite a few years ago. There was a companion volume by Pierrre Crepeau.
I have left the original captions with the images :





Those interested can see a few of my past work with weather vanes on the main Wareham Forge web site. These have ranged from historic and traditional patterns, to very modern designs. Techniques have ranged from simple cut out shapes to full 3-D models. Below are a few pieces that I have not got posted up to the web site yet.


For the last couple of years, I have been working more with my 'Windbile' series. But I think I'll leave that for another post...

No comments:

 

February 15 - May 15, 2012 : Supported by a Crafts Projects - Creation and Development Grant

COPYRIGHT NOTICE - All posted text and images @ Darrell Markewitz.
No duplication, in whole or in part, is permitted without the author's expressed written permission.
For a detailed copyright statement : go HERE