Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Seeing CanIRON 8 ??


- I sure didn't!

I was pretty much rushing around like a crazy man from 8 am through to 11 pm each day. I did not see any of the great demonstrations put on by our featured blacksmiths.

The sole exception to this was very late on Friday evening, when my friend Mike McCarthy worked on with his assistant Travis. It must have been closer to midnight when I managed to catch the last part of them working on completing his pipe tomahawk, then welding up and rough forging a draw knife.

Here are the best of the only images I managed from CanIRON 8 :


All these images are shot with available light!
The first is a composite of two images.

No comments:

 

February 15 - May 15, 2012 : Supported by a Crafts Projects - Creation and Development Grant

COPYRIGHT NOTICE - All posted text and images @ Darrell Markewitz.
No duplication, in whole or in part, is permitted without the author's expressed written permission.
For a detailed copyright statement : go HERE