Monday, September 26, 2011

Stonekettle on Intelligent Aliens and the State Fair

If you read this, and ever get amused or provoked by any of my own commentaries, you just *have* to check out Jim Wright's Stonekettle Station blog.
I find Jim's sense of humour echoes my own. He is an artisan (although Evil, a wood turner), ex military, reader of Heinlein and owner of cats - and opinionated observer of American politics and life.
AK, United States
" I'm a retired US Navy Chief Warrant Officer. Nowadays I live in Alaska where I spend most of my time working in my woodshop or fishing. I occasionally consult for the Military. I have delusions of becoming a full time writer - or conquering the universe, whichever is easier..."

Anyway, Vandy sent me a link to one of Jim's recent pieces : 'Things That Chap My Ass About Going To The Fair'.
He is spinning off a quote :

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” 

                                                   – Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

READ IT!
(or almost anything else of Jim's, especially if you want to assure yourself there are too people living in Alaska who thing Sara Palin is a walrus...)

No comments:

 

February 15 - May 15, 2012 : Supported by a Crafts Projects - Creation and Development Grant

COPYRIGHT NOTICE - All posted text and images @ Darrell Markewitz.
No duplication, in whole or in part, is permitted without the author's expressed written permission.
For a detailed copyright statement : go HERE